Rivotril increases the activity of GABA. This is a chemical that sends signals throughout the nervous system. Rivotril (commonly known as Clonazem) is a benzodiazepine that is usually prescribed to patients with epilepsy or other types of seizures. Klonopin is another generic brand name for basically the same chemical formula. It is also prescribed for panic disorders.
How to use Rivotril 2mg
Rivotril 2 mg tablets can be taken with or without food. However, they should be taken at the same time each day, as this helps to maintain a constant level of active ingredients in the body. The dosage and duration of taking this medicine should follow the recommendations of the doctor, as it is easy to form a habit. If you miss a dose, even if you feel better, please remember to complete the treatment as soon as possible. You shouldn’t suddenly stop taking the medication without consulting a doctor, as this can increase the frequency of seizures and cause nausea, anxiety, flu-like symptoms, and muscle pain.
Side Effects of Rivotril 2mg
The common side effect of taking Rivotril are as follows:
- Blurred vision
- Memory loss
- Reduced ability to concentrate
Precautions of Rivotril 2mg
If Rivotril is used as prescribed, emotional addiction, physical addiction and addiction can occur. Consult a doctor for the correct treatment. Patients should also consult their doctor before stopping Rivotril. Stopping suddenly can be harmful to your health. If strange thoughts or behaviors occur while taking the medicine, please inform the doctor immediately. Women and babies using Rivotril may be at risk of addiction and may even experience fatal withdrawal symptoms. Effective contraceptive measures should be taken when taking this medicine.
Storage of Rivotril 2mg
- Keep the tablets in a bottle to protect them from light until they need to be taken.
- If you take the pills out of the bottle, they may not be well stored.
- Store Rivotril tablets in a cool, dry place where the temperature is below 30 ° C.
- Place Rivotril drops in a cool, dry place at a temperature below 25 ° C.
- High temperatures and humidity can destroy certain medicines.
- Keep Rivotril out of the reach of small children.
Drug Interactions Rivotril 2mg
Interaction with other drugs can change the way drugs work or increase the risk of serious side effects. Rivotril can interact with one of the following:
- Abiraterone acetate
- Antihistamines (e.g. cetirizine, doxylamine, diphenhydramine, hydroxyzine, loratadine)
- Antipsychotics (e.g. chlorpromazine, clozapine, haloperidol, olanzapine, quetiapine, risperidone)
- Antifungals “Azole” (e.g. itraconazole, ketoconazole, voriconazole)
- Barbiturates (e.g. bubital, phenobarbital)
- Benzodiazepines (e.g. Alprazolam, Desipa, Lorazir m)
Overdose Rivotril 2mg
If you take rivotril beyond the recommended dose, breathing, blood pressure and motor skills may slow down to dangerous speeds. Excessive use of this mediation can lead to loss of consciousness and, in extreme cases, even death. Rivotril can make you extremely sleepy, impair your visual perception and damage your reflexes, which puts you at risk of injury.